Expressive telephoto lens with excellent image quality
The fast Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE offers excellent sharpness and high contrast in all areas of the frame, even at the maximum open aperture of F1.8. The high-quality optical construction with 13 lenses in 11 groups ensures first-class image quality and high resolution from the centre to the edge of the frame. Several special lenses (1x U-ASP, 2x HR, 3x ED) in the lens effectively correct chromatic aberrations and other aberrations.
This makes this premium telephoto lens with autofocus well equipped for difficult light situations and ideal for landscape, nature and astrophotography.
Harmonious bokeh and low closest focusing distance
The wide open aperture of F1.8, together with the 11 aperture blades, ensures a soft and natural-looking background blur. Thanks to the harmonious bokeh, the main subject is effectively set off from the background.
Combined with the very close focusing distance of 69cm for a telephoto lens, this impressive bokeh makes the Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE an excellent choice for portraits, close-ups and macro photography.
Precise, fast and quiet autofocus for photo and video
The advanced autofocus of the Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE is equipped with a state-of-the-art linear stepping motor (LSTM). The autofocus of the 135mm telephoto lens focuses on the subject precisely and quickly, and works quietly and harmoniously even when shooting video. This makes the lens suitable for video content creators as well as sports and action photographers.
Innovative features for photo and video
The Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE is equipped with practical extras that make professional photography and filming even more comfortable and easy: Focus Hold Button, Custom Switch and Focus Range Limiter Switch.
- The Focus Hold Button is used to lock the focus. When it is pressed, the lens remains fixed at this distance. This is particularly useful in astrophotography. Alternatively, this button can be assigned other functions such as auto focus eye detection (Eye AF).
- With the Custom Switch, you can adjust the focus and aperture settings to suit your personal preferences. This makes quick switching between autofocus and manual operation a breeze. The Samyang Lens Station (item no. 21970) allows you to customise the Custom Switch.
- The Focus Range Limiter Switch can limit the focus range of the autofocus to increase the search speed. The switch has 3 settings:
- „Full“ uses the full autofocus range from 69cm to infinity
- „0.69-2m“ limits the autofocus range to between 69 cm and 2 m and is ideal for close-ups and portraits
- „1.5m-8“ from 1.50 m to infinity is optimal for distant subjects
Lightweight for outdoor use
Weighing just 772 g, the Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE is one of the lightest autofocus telephoto lenses available. At just 129.6mm in length, it is extremely compact, easy to carry around and therefore ideal for outdoor use.
The modern design of the body has also been optimised for outdoor use. The extra-wide, rubberised focus ring ensures full control and a high level of comfort during every use.
Effective weather protection
Thanks to Samyang Weather Sealing, the lens is protected from light rain, snow and dust. The multiple weather protection on the bayonet and inside defies even adverse conditions.
| Product Type
|| Aluminium, Rubber, Glass
| Product Color
| Lens connection
|| Sony E, Sony FE
| Developed for
| Suitable for Sensor
|| APS-C, Full Frame
| Crop Factor
| Focal Distance
| Lens Speed
| Focusing type
| Internal Focusing
| Lenses / Groups
||13 / 11
| Number of Aperture Slats
|| UMC - Ultra Multi Coating
| Filter Diameter
|| Telephoto Lens
| Field of Application Lens
|| Countryside, Portrait, Nature, Makro
| Height of Packaging
| Length of Packaging
| Packaging Material
| Packaging with Euro Hole
| Weight incl. Packaging
| Width of Packaging
Included in delivery
- 1x Samyang AF 135mm F1.8 FE for Sony E
- 2x Lens caps (1x front, 1x back)
- 1x Lens hood
- 1x Lens pouch